Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rep. Jim Pitts on the budget

I had to run over to the Capitol this morning to bring reporter Bob Garrett a couple of things. Rep. Jim Pitts, appropriations chair, was delivering grim details of the initial proposed budget. I couldn't stay for long--Internet problems back at the bureau--but I lingered for a few minutes as he outlined deep and nearly across-the-board cuts (border security alone was considered sacrosanct). 

I'm learning to take pictures and videos over there, so I took the opportunity to practice:

My gear is strictly non professional: a little point and shoot from Nikon and an Aiptek video camera. The light's tough in there, and using a flash is strictly prohibited, so it seems like my best choice for stills is to rip them off video. That's Rep. Pitts, zoomed into 5x, ripped from the HD video using freeware from VLC...

No comments:

Post a Comment